From 2010, the Mediator of the city of Paris wanted a project of a Network of the Mediators of territorial authorities to materalise. Indeed, having got closer at first with big cities endowed with a Mediator or with a structure of mediation, she noticed the need to unite their efforts within the framework of a network, and commence the creation of Mediators in the those authorities which still had no such system.
After two preparatory meetings, in Paris then in Nantes, the Association of the Mediators of Territorial Authorities was confirmed in Senate, on May 16th, 2013.
The association counts, to date, already more than around thirty members:
- 22 cities : Angers, Argenteuil, Aubervilliers, Auxerre, Bondy, Bordeaux, Brive, Cambrai, Clichy-la-Garenne, Dijon, Gap, Issy- les-Moulineaux, Le Havre, Lille, Limoges, Montluçon, Pantin, Paris, Quimper, Tarbes, Tulle et Valence
- 9 départments : Cantal, Eure-et-Loir, Ille-et-Vilaine, Maine-et-Loire, Paris, Seine-Saint- Denis, Somme, Val-d’Oise, Vaucluse.
- 1 région : Nord-Pas-de-Calais
This association has in particular four objectives defined in its statutes :
- Promote the institutional mediation with territorial groups.
- Develop the sharing of experiences between the members and, more generally, contribute to the broadcasting and the evolution of the practices of mediation
- Become a reference structure, to be in a position to propose services to its members
- Develop partnerships with other structures of mediation
The association has a Charter of the Mediators of collectives areas , expressing a set of principles which every member has to make a commitment to respect.
The next meeting of the members of the association, to which are also invited the observers of cities and departments interested in the process of mediation, will take place in Bordeaux on October 10th, 2013, at M. Alain JUPPE’S invitation, who will open the work.